Part-Time: Outreach Assistant/Coordinator
Position Start Date: July 1, 2023
HC DrugFree has an immediate opening for a part-time Outreach Assistant with potential for advancement to Outreach Coordinator. This position is ideal for a highly professional, energetic, and self-motivated individual, able to excel in a dynamic team environment. Currently, the position is primarily remote, but this is subject to change. Some in-person work is currently required for events.
- • Teach classes and/or oversee instruction within our educational programs
- • Assist in planning, implementing, and attending events
We Are Looking For
Individuals with teaching and leadership experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- • Strong organizational skills.
- • Proficient computer skills including Google Suite, Zoom, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and ability to learn/use PowerPoint, etc.). Some experience maintaining a website preferred.
- • Comfort occasionally using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- • Experience in solving problems and working independent of immediate supervision.
- • Availability mostly in the daytime with some evening hours (approximately 2-4 per month) and an occasional weekend event.
- • Positive, collaborative approach needed for a small close-knit team.
- • Starting at 20 hours per week.
- • Must be able to lift or move 15 pounds.
- • Must have a current driver’s license and own transportation to events in Howard County.
- • Howard County resident preferred.
- • Teaching established course curricula.
- • Developing or coordinating educational presentations for groups.
- • Coordinating registrations for classes and events.
- • Collaborating with other team members to advertise and recruit for classes and events.
- • Representing HC DrugFree at community events.
- • Recruiting and coordinating volunteers for events.
- • Other tasks as needed.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with work-related experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal, typing, and computer skills are a must for this position.
July 1, 2023
For additional details about this position please download the full job description below.
Part Time: College Students Wanted for Virtual Position
HC DrugFree is looking for college students raised in Howard County and available to assist virtually this summer! This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and build a resume. The primary assignment is to teach and/or assist with our Life Skills classes for middle school students July 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, and 27 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. We may also have additional hours/opportunities available for the right candidate(s).
HC DrugFree plans to hire 2-3 college students for this paid opportunity.
HC DrugFree is always looking for volunteers to help with events and programs throughout the year.
High School Mentors for Life Skills Classes
Seeking high school students in grades 9-12 to volunteer as student mentors for our Life Skills classes geared toward middle school students. High school volunteers will be assisting our team of college student teachers and adult facilitators this summer. Along with the younger students, high school volunteers will learn a variety of practical skills by attending the classes, but in addition, they may earn community service hours and acquire valuable experience for future college and employment applications. Life Skills classes run July 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, and 27 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
We have various opportunities for youth volunteers throughout the year. To earn community service hours, students must register for HC DrugFree’s Teen Advisory Council (TAC). If you are a student interested in volunteering, please visit our Teen Advisory Council page for more information and to register.
College Student & Adult Volunteers
If you are a college student or adult interested in volunteering, let us know more about your interests and skills by filling out the volunteer survey below. We will contact you when we think an opportunity would be a good match for you.