‘Tis the Season to be Socially Distant…but we want to be Jolly, too! This holiday season looks a lot different than it has in years past, and many people are having a difficult time due to lack of connection. But what can we do about it? We would like the Teen Advisory Council to safely spread holiday cheer to their friends, family, and greater community by participating in our FIRST EVER scavenger hunt. This isn’t just any scavenger hunt! It’s a socially-distanced, community-service based scavenger hunt designed to make the world a better place through creativity, generosity, AND health conscious consideration of others. We want to show our community how HC DrugFree and TAC can help our community KNOW Connection, one act of kindness at a time.
HOW TO PLAY
- SIGN UP: for the Scavenger Hunt between November 13th-19th here.
- START HUNTING: On November 20, we’ll launch the Scavenger Hunt! You’ll have 16 days to play. Take on creative, fun, kind and meaningful challenges meant to make the world a brighter place starting with YOU! Each item on the list is designed to help our community KNOW Connection, even in our socially-distanced world.
- SET YOUR OWN PACE: You may play as much as you like — you can even play in quarantine!
- SHOW US YOUR STUFF: Submit images & videos of your accomplishments to earn Points and get a chance at winning a prize!
- Change the world! 😊
The Scavenger Hunt is open to all TAC Members with a current school year registration. If you aren’t yet registered for this school year or you have never been a member of the Teen Advisory Council, it’s not too late to join: Register for TAC today!
Learn more about Know Connection (a socially-distanced) Scavenger Hunt
How to Play The Hunt: On November 20, 2020 at 12:01 AM, we will send a list (KNOW Connection Item List) of things for you to do, make, or find. Each Item has points assigned to it. You choose which Items to attempt, and then you have a little over two weeks to complete as many of them as you can. The Hunt ends on December 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Once you complete an Item, take a picture or video of it (you’ll be told which in the item description) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You get points for completed items. The Participant with the most points wins.
1. Registration. You are only permitted to compete in the Hunt if you are a 2020-21 member of TAC. It’s never too late to join. Click here for the Registration Release Form.
2. Eligibility. To be eligible to win, you must register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TACScavengerHunt2020.
3. Rights. We intend to share your stunning Item Submissions with the world. Therefore, by competing, you agree to the Rights and License stipulations as detailed in the “Rules and Regulations.”
4. Updates. We will send updates out via email.
5. Scavenging Safety. The first rule of scavenging: Be safe! Second rule of scavenging: Be safe!
- Scavenging Safely. First, Do No Harm. If you think you might hurt yourself or someone else trying to complete the Item, or cause actual damage (to property, the environment, or a specific site), do a different Item.
- COVID Safety. When taking pictures or videos with others who are not in your household, please remember to use COVID safety protocol and WEAR A MASK. Stay 6 feet apart and don’t take any risks.
6. Submissions Secret Tip #1. Quality counts! Quantity won’t win this contest alone. Make sure you take in-focus pictures and videos.
7. Bonus Points. We award extra points for extra awesome item submissions. The more extraordinary your submission, the more bonus points we will assign to it.
8. Submissions Secret Tip #2. Have fun. If you’re having fun making or doing an item, odds are the result will be great. In other words, before tackling an item, figure out how to make the process fun. This includes when you capture the picture or video. You will likely receive more points if you are having more fun, too. If you’re not having fun, you are required to change course immediately so that you ARE headed in the direction of some serious good times.
9. Submissions Secret Tip #3. Composition counts. Pay attention to everything in your Submission— including the setting and backgrounds of your images and videos. Beautiful, artistically composed images tend to get awarded more bonus points.
10. Submissions Secret Tip #6. Make the judges laugh, chuckle, chortle or giggle.
11. Submission Secret Tip #7. Artistic expression counts! You don’t have to be an “artist” (though we believe all creatures are) but be thoughtful in your creations. Images that tell a story in a single image are generally more compelling than images where the subjects are posing for the camera—though not always.
12. Submission Secret Tip #8. Give us your best shot! If we want a collage, or a grid, or a side-by-side or triptych, we’re not shy about asking for it. Otherwise, select your best single image as your Submission.
13. Submissions Process. Submit Items by sending to email@example.com.
14. Submission Formats. Photos must be submitted by sending the actual image. You need to submit your videos by entering your youtube.com links. Be sure to mark your videos “UNLISTED” on Youtube so that we can see them, but no one else can. We suggest putting “2020 TAC” and the Item Number in the description or title of your video.
15. Scoring. Each item will have a point value associated with it. The judges may assign additional points to items that are most excellently executed. We take artistic merit, precision, and creative ingenuity into account.
16. Content Sharing. You may not “share” your images or videos until after the Scavenger Hunt. The exception to this rule is if you must post on social media to complete an item. YOU MAY (and we encourage you) share your images and videos after the Scavenger Hunt is officially over. We would love it if you would tag HC DrugFree in any images you choose to share.
17. The End. The Scavenger Hunt shall end on December 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
18. The Tortilla Chip Rule. No double-dipping. You can’t use the content from one item to fulfill a different item.